CollabRx (NASDAQ: CLRX) is a fast-moving early stage company that provides cloud-based expert systems informed by leading academic experts to help physicians and patients navigate the complex landscape of molecular oncology, and more specifically how to interpret genomic testing results to aid in personalized treatment planning. We currently have partnerships with leading medical testing laboratories, academic research institutions and diverse healthcare-related companies in the US, Europe, and Asia.
We are rapidly growing an energetic and collegial team of software engineers, physicians, and scientists working to transform healthcare in cancer, in a central location with unbeatable access to BART and Muni (direct access from station to building elevator, 5-minute walk to Union Square, view of Market Street and the Palace Hotel).
Are you a Ruby on Rails developer, bioinformatician, genomic scientist, or software product manager who wants to be part of a team building software applications that have real human and societal impact? If so, please apply to a position listed below. If we don’t have any open position rights now, check back soon or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for good additions to the team.
Open Positions at CollabRx
CollabRx is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Engineering team and work on the development and maintenance of our laboratory and clinical products (http://www.collabrx.com/products/).
- Implement new features in code, working with our customers (both internal and external).
- Maintain our production systems.
- Quickly address any bugs or system failures.
- Contribute to software design discussions.
- Help mentor junior engineers.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience, or 1+ years experience in RoR and 4+ years experience with other object-oriented languages and web development frameworks.
- 2+ years development in a Unix environment (we use Ubuntu Linux).
- Experience with at least one DVCS (we use Mercurial).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services desired.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM) development methodology desired.
- Highly competent, requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to focus attention to details and ensure high quality work.
- Skilled at data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to work hard and contribute to an enjoyable working environment.
- Proactively achieves results for the best of the organization.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to cope with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in all areas.
CollabRx is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex/gender, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disabled status, age, disability/handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, or medical condition.